Tuesday 17 April 2012

New Hobby Desk

Grandma gave me $50 for Christmas.  I used it to buy this desk I found at a local thrift store:
A nice, solid desk (very heavy) with great drawers all in working order.  But not very pretty.  So I sanded it all down and gave it a makeover.
Voila - my hew hobby desk:
I spent about $50 in paint, polycrylic finish and new hardware.  Grandma said a person should have a little bit of red in every room, so here's my bit of red for our upstairs living area.  It's a great desk with pull-out work tops, nice deep drawers and very sturdy - which is nice for when I'm using the sewing machine and serger.
The table I used to have for my sewing/quilting has now moved behind the sofa and works as a nice cutting table and worktop for paper crafts.  (I like that I can work at the table while Matt watches sports and still feel like we are together and each doing something fun)

And then there's the wall-mounted cabinets that I salvaged from the garage when we moved in. 

I'm really enjoying the storage space as well as the worktop areas.  I'm working on some ribbon holders/shelves that will mount onto the wall above my thread organizer and that should free up some more cupboard space for my floral supplies.  (I know, I have too many hobbies)
Just moving closer to my goal of being a gardener/beekeeper by summer and seamstress/quilter by winter.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment