Monday 23 May 2011

Farewell to Glinton Primary School

I've spent some of my precious spare time these last few months putting together a special farewell gift for the girls' school:

I made the quilt using scrap fabrics from my collection.  The handprints were applied using fabric paint.  On the left-hand side are Emily's prints, the right side are Amy's.  I pieced it on my own (no pattern) and machine quilted it (so I could get it done in time!)

On top - the name of the two villages that are cachement for the school along with the Union Jack (UK flag).
In the middle: two little appliqed girls - an Amy and an Emily.  I used scrap school uniform dresses to make the applique'd dresses plus buttons and trim. The girls each signed their name with fabric pen.
At the bottom: the American flag.
We'll be presenting it to the school this Friday at Assembly.  It will be the girls' last day of school in England.  We have been very pleased with the school and its staff.  The girls have certainly progressed well and been happy at school these past 3 years.  We hope the school will find a suitable place to hang this little remembrance of their little American school girls!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on that quilt! What a great gift.
    We received your moving announcement and I've been following your blog adventures, and I have to say, I'm pretty bummed that I won't get to enjoy the wonders of Europe anymore through you. You've done a great job. Thanks! Maybe someday I'll get to see some of it too...

    ReplyDelete